Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mum and Dad come to visit!

Hello hello!  Long time no see!

So, it's obviously been a while since I've last updated this, but with a valid excuse!  After I went to Abbey Road, just a few days later Caity and I went to see Paul in concert, then I had to finish writing my 76th paper of the semester, then my mom and dad came for 10 days!  So basically, it's been a whirlwind of non-stop craziness for 2 weeks!

On the 29, Caity and I went to the Royal Albert Hall to see Paul in concert!  He was amazing, as always.  He said all of the same stories and jokes from the last time I saw him about 2 years ago.  I think he's got this show thing down to a T.

Royal Albert Hall

Waiting for Paul!

Paul! Before his "wardrobe change"
After Paul, I finished writing one of my papers before my parents came.  They arrive in London on the 2nd bright and early!  They were staying with my dad's old co-worker in Reading for the first three nights.  The first night they were here, KU and UK were playing in the NCAA Championship at 2 in the morning!  My parents were troopers and stayed up all night after their 9 hour flight to London.  We went to The Sports Bar and were up until 5 watching the game.  Unfortch, KU lost, but it was still a good game!  On the 3rd we all went to Oxford!  It about a 10 minute train ride from Reading, so we got up early and arrived in Oxford at about 11 a.m.  Oxford was such a cute little town with like a thousand separate colleges.  We just walked around, went to a little market, ate, and went to a pub or two.  We liked it so much there that we went back the next day!  We went on a tour some schools and I got to see the hospital wing and the library in Harry Potter.  Then in a different college my dad and I saw the moving staircase, the great hall, and a few other scenes shot for HP!  It was so fun!  After our long days in Oxford, we came back to London for a bite to eat at a pub, then mom and dad wentback to Reading for the night.

My dad is the King of Westminster Abbey

My mom and Saville Row!

#tourist

All the KU fans!!

All of the UK fans!!

Beautiful Reading at the flat on the Thames!

Oxford

Hospital Wing in Harry Potter

The Great Hall!
On Thursday we stayed all day in London.  It was a day for my dad so we went to the Imperial War Museum and the Tower of London.  We spent a few hours in both places, so it was a super historical day, yippee!  Around the evening, we went to pick up the rental car, and serisouly, my father about side-swiped every car we passed until we were in the parking lot in Reading.  While we were driving to Reading, we stopped in Windsor to grab a a bite to eat.  The castle was all lit up and the town was so cute!  We ate at a little place right on the river and had a great view of the Windor Castle.  We got home pretty late and went to bed asap for the drive to Liverpool the next day!

The Imperial War Museum

Tower of London

Tower Bridge!

Lovin the view!

Yummy dinner!

Windsor Castle!
In the morning we woke up early and the view of the Thames was AMAING!  The sun was coming up, it was shining on the Thames and the swans were swiming around, it was so pretty!

Picture perfect, like a postcard

beautiful!
So after the drive to Liverpool we hopped on the Magical Mystery Tour and drove around the city for 2 hours!  My mom loved going to Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields and stuff like that, it was super fun!  Then after than we met up with Caity and her parents, grabbed some dinner and headed to the CAVERN!  I think we spent a good 7 hours there.  So. Fun.  Near the end of the night Caity and I were dancing around with all of the randoms, like usual.  There was this huge circle of people with each others arms behind their backs in the middle of the dancefloor.  So obviously, I grabbed Caity's hand, squeezed ourselves under some peoples' arms, and there we were, in the middle of a 25-person circle dancing our butts off.  It was so great.  We were there until the Cavern closed.  The next day we got up and went on the National Trust tour of Paul and John's childhood homes!  It was one of the best tours I've been on, and even if you're not a Beatlemaniac, it's still a great tour to go on!  We learned so much about Paul and John and how they grew up, and meanings in their lyrics.   I learned what "No one, I think, is in my tree", and "nothing to get hung out" meant in Strawberry Feilds and other really cool things! After the we went back to the Cavern to watch The Shakers!  They were awesome as usual even though their lead singer was sick at home.  Then me, my mom, dad and Mike Howard went to The Beatles Story and walked aorund it for a few hours.  It was just as good as the first time!  We were so worn out after that that we just went home, had a drink and went to bed!

Step right up!

Cavern

Mendips!!

Pauls house

Imagine..
So we left Liverpool the next day and drove down the coast for a little and hit up Wales!  It was pretty cold, but it was so pretty!  We went to Llandudno and it's right on the ocean.  There were houses and hotels lining up at the coast with little shops and restaraunts for blocks.  Once it gets warmer, I'd love to go back and sit on the beach listening to the pebbles fall back into the ocean following the waves.  We got back to Reading in the evening and some of the baby ducks had hatched! Omg feeding them is SO MUCH FUN!



A castle in Llandudno!

One of the entances to the castle

Llandudno! LOVED IT!

Chilly chilly!

Baby ducks!!!

swany!
Then my parents left Reading and came to stay in London, a few minutes from me.  We went to Janes cake shop, her house, and few other Beatles sights.  We went to Harrods and had some tea and sanwhiches! I love haveing tea at Harrods!  The next day we woke up early and went on the London Eye.  The view was incredible!  Then we walked to one of my class building so my dad could see it and know that I wasnt making up the whole school thing.  Then my dad went to Winston Churchills Secret War Rooms while my mom and I shopped on Oxford, walked around and went to some more Beatles places.  We met up with my dad again and grabbed some food at an italian place then went to the Marriott on the river and had desert and drinks with a great view of the Eye lit up!  Then the next morning they were leaving to go back to America.  I went to their hotel and we had breakfast together and then we said bye!

London Eye!


Home :)

Tea time!

In front of Janes place!

Chocolate Martini at the Marriott
So I had a great time with my parents here and I know that they had a blast too!  They just got back to America a few hours ago and I'm probs gonna be mad just like them that they're home.  I had a great 2 weeks and I'm leaving for Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Scotland on Sunday for the rest of the month!  I'll try to update while I'm there so I dont have too much catching up to do!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment