Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

eurotrip #5: FLORENCE

Ohhh Florence, I wish we could have stayed longer.

If you've never been to Florence, I'm sorry.  That place is amazing.

Caity and I got to Florence in the evening and had the worst time trying to find our hotel.  The taxi driver dropped us off in the street because our B&B was in a tiny square that isn't able to have cars in it.  He said its right in the square and to our right.  Easy enough.  But ohh no, leave it to Caity and I to make this harder than it actually is.  We walked around for about 30 minutes in a tiny city square the size of my garage.  We finally had to ask some Italian and he walked about 10 seconds and was like uhh it's right here.  Wel felt like complete idiots, but no one ever told us that it's in a rando building with construction all over it with a sign three inches wide.  Our bad.  

We finally got up all the stairs and into the B&B and it was a nice little place.  The two people in charge of it were really nice and accomidating.  We got settled in then walked a little bit to a place to eat.  We just had some pasta I think and I obviously had some wine.  Wine in Italy is sooooo good!  I had half a dozen glasses while I was there and they were all so much better than any wine I've had in the US.

So we went back to the hostel and went to bed.  The next morning we went walking around.  Caity's friend was living in Florence so he mapped us out a little route to take via Facebook.  The first thing we did was go to a hige city sqaure with dozens of statues all around it.  It even had a 'Fake David' chilling outside.  Then we went into a museum thing and, oh surprise, more statues!  We walked around a bit more then we saw a street vendor that makes custom name jewelery!  I've wanted a necklace with my initials on it for so long that I had him make me a necklace that had HMN on it with a pink heart haning from it!  OMG it's the cutest necklace ever.  He made the whole thing out of some strong wire.  I love it!  

Florence!

Fake David

A hig city square!

Then after that we were off to find the Duomo.  It's a tall church with a reall big domed top.  sp we got in line to walk up the steps.  After about 10 minutes of waiting we were able to finally get it.  We serisously walked up itsy-bitsy, steep steps for 15 minutes.  From that, I realized that I really need to work on my endurance..  Anyways, we got ot the top and it was gorgeous!  We could see all of Florence!  We asked some guy to take our pictures and we was soooooo scared up there that he was shaking just taking out picture.  Then he asked us to snap a pic of him and his girlfriend and he had the grip of death on the railing and the binoculars.  Caity and I were secretly laughing.  

A wooden puppet shop!

Another city center, where Duomo is.

Tiny tiny stairs

Ahhh :) the view.

After that we sat down for some lunch.  Caity's friend met up with us for just a few seconds because he was studying for his finals.  After lunch we headed to go see David!  The line was soo long and we were wating in it for almost an hour.  Once we finally got in, we saw David, snapped a forbidden picture, then left.  David was so big!  It was probably 10 feel tall!  I had no idea it was the big.  It was really cool and I'd like so go back and just look at it again!  So after David, We got back to the hotel we were keeping our luggage in and left to walk to the train station!  We had some difficulty getting there.  I swear, I'm so excited to get back to American streets where the only go north, south, east or west.  Roads in Europe just go where ever they want.  The people who made the streets never though about us poor American tourists getting lost at every turn.

Well we finally made it to the station and we had a long, easy train ride to Naples!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment