Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The last of London

So, we left off a while ago.  My bad.  I've been super busy having fun in London to post everything that I've done in the past few weeks!

After Naples, Caity and I were home for not even 24 hours until we had to wake up to head to Scotland with ISA!  We were there for three days and two night and it wasn't nearly lonf enough!  Scotland is absolutely stunning.  The first thing we did when we got there was go to the Edinburough castle.  We weren't there for too long, but it was really pretty!  After that we headed to the Highlands!!

The trip there wasn't too scenic (compaired to the rest of Scotland), but it was still pretty!  We got to our hostel and had a Scottish meal then walked to Loch Ness.  We took a boat cruise around Loch Ness in search of the Loch Ness monster!  If you didn't know, it's actually a real animal, and theres more than one!  Our tour guide has dedicated his whole life to Nessie and to find out more about the animals.  They've found a dead one at the bottom of the lake and go to it in search of answers.  They also have sonar to see animals around them and they've spotted 3 Nessies in one spot!  I was pitying him at first, but then we all realized that it was real!  I am now a firm believer in the Loch Ness Monster!

The pub where JK Rowling first starting to write Harry Potter!

The Edinburgh Castle
A yummy Scotish meal!
The Royal Scot on Loch Ness!

The beautiful Loch Ness

Finished off the night with some Heather Honey Beer!
 The next morning we woke up to drive all around the Highlands.  We went to a castle in the middle of the Highlands somewhere and it's the same castle where they filmed Made of Honor!  After that we drove more though the Highlands and stopped at a little town to grab some lunch.  Then we went to a beautiful area full of grassy cliffs.  We stayed there for almost 45 minutes because the view was so beautiful.  After that we drove to a shore that was close by where people have spotted dinosaur tracks!  Our guide said when the tide is low, you can see them!  Then we stopped at a really cool place in the middle of nowhere.  There is a road going through two sets of mountains; the two mountain ranges consists of the oldest and the newest mountains in the world!  The newer ones were much more rocky as opposed to the old ones that looked like rounded slopes.  A few minutes drive after that we had a little fairy tale moment.  Our tour guide told us a story of a bride who stuck her face in a river and gained eternal youth.  That'a right!  We all stuck our faces in the river of eternal youth!! So if you walk by me in 20 years and I still look like I'm 21 years old, you'll know why :)

The beautiful Highlands!

Hugh Hefner's old house!!

castle!

Yet another cute town

Tons of beautiful cliffs!

DINOS!

Dino tracks can be spotted right there!

The newest mountains are on the right an the oldest are on the left!

Sticking our faces in the river of eternal youth :)

The next day we left the hostel and the view of the loch right outside of it was gorgeous!  The water was an extact reflection of the mountains towering over it.  We drove all through the Highlands and took a few pit stops at some coes and pretty views.  We even stopped by to see a little friend! (look at the pictures below :) )  After that, we jumped on a train and made our way back to London!  

A beautiful mirror reflection!

If you can't tell, that's still a reflction

Some photo ops!

OMG another mountain! hahaa


Hello there, little friend!

So fast-forward a few days, and Caity and I went to the Harry Potter Studio tour!  It just opened a month and a half ago; I'm so lucky that it opened while I've been here!!! I would show pictures, but my hard drive is crashing so it's not opening my iPhoto, where allllll of my pictures are.  So once I get all of that fixed, I'll put up some pictures!  But it was SO AMAZING!! I saw everything!!! Delores Umbridges office, Hagrid's hut, the cupboard under the stairs, the Ministry of Magic, all 7 horcruxes, costumes, and thousands of other props and a dozen more sets!!  Oh and I saw the Great Hall :) That was incredable!  We also had some butterbeer, when to 4 Privet Drive, got on the Knight Bus and into the flying car.  The coolest part of it was the Hogwarts Castle!! It was an exact replica of what it would have looked like if it were in the Highlands of Scotland!  There is an incredible amount of detail in every square inch of it, it's amazing!  The castle was used for shots of Harry flying through it, or a view from across the loch it sat on.  Uh-maze-ing!  If you're a HP fan and ever get a chance to come to London, it is a MUST!!!!!  I'm trying to go back before I leave :)

Pictures wil be up at a later date!


On the next Saturday, Caity and I went to Brighton with ISA.  It was a cute beach town, but it was cold and rainy (like all of the UK), so there wasn't much to do.  We went inside fo the Royal Pavillion and it was actually really cool!  The interior was decorated to an insane amount and it ws gorgous!  One of the King Goirges lived there for a few years, I can't remember which one though.  After that we went a grabbed some food and walked around the peir for about an hour then headed back to London.

The Royal Pavillion 

Brighton Peir

Cute little town!

Just a few days after Brighton, my big came to visit!!  She got here on the 8 and is leaving on the 18.  I love having her here!!  She's already been here a week!  She was just in Paris for a few days and now she's fling back to London from Brussels.  It's so much fun to have her here in London visitng me!! :) LOVE YOU BIG!

Big and I at Trafalgar Sqaure!
A few days ago, I went to the ISA farwell dinner and excurion.  We went to the Olympic Park!  No one is allowed inside of it, but we got to see it!  It was a cold, rainy day though so we left kind of quickly.  We were gonna go see the Prime Meridian, but the weather wasn't exacly working with our plans, so we never saw it.  Hopefully I can go see it before I leave London.

The Olympic Park

Having a few goodbye steins with some friends!

And now, all that's left to do is be a super tourist for the 10 more days I'm here!  I went to the Natural History museum today and I think I want to hit up the V&A tomorrow. I'm lucky because some of the Adclub is in London rght now!! So a few friends and a sister are in town!! I'm meeting up with Mika tomorrow after her class!! I'm soo excited to see more sisters!  I love having friends in London :)

A few things I'm going to miss in London:
Shopping
Big Ben
Living in Europe
Flying to another country for 60 pounds whenever I want
Going to Liverpool whenever I want
Cider
Primark
Pubs 
ALWAYS having something fun to do
All the free things!
and of course, all the crazy, werid, exciting people in the crazy city!

Some things I'm REALLY excited for back in America:
Driving
Taco Bell
Sweet Tea
Warm weather
My dog and cat
My sisters!
OP friends
Having my groceries paid for
And of course, mom and dad!

So this is ta-ta for now!  I'll try to update one of two more times before I leave the best 5 months of my life! :)

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment