Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Who woulda thought.. Life goes on after London?

FOLLOWERS!

Did ya miss me? ;)

Lately I've been reading my old blog posts and reminiscing upon the last chunk of my amazing life, and I've been having some troubles coping with the fact that that part of my life is over. 


I've also noticed I've had around 500 page views since I've been back in the US of A, so people are obvi still looking at this thing.


I've decided to keep this blog up and write in in occasionally.  I really like to write and share my thoughts and stories, and it makes me happy that people read it!


So, here goes.


It's been 5 weeks since I've been home and I hit the ground running.  My third day back home, I landed and internship as a graphic designer for KC Connections.  I took a graphic design class my first semester of junior year and I loved it.  I wasn't too shabby at it either ;)  So I though I'd take a swing at it for a summer.  So far it's turned out great!  I don't think it's something I want to do for a profession, but I love having the skill on the side and on my resume!


I work at my internship 10-5 Monday through Thursday, so I havent really had time to successfully search for and land a part time job on the side, since my internship doesn't pay.  So that's really all I've been doing since I've been home.


Last week, on the 27th, (one month and a day of being home) I decided that I couldn't stay in one place for very long anymore.  The travel bug has bit me and it's pretty bad.  I feel like I'm not living my life if I'm not exploring a new city, or learning new cultures.  It's good and it's bad.  I do not have the financial means to abilitate these travel needs..for the most part.  I have relatives that live in Berkeley, California, sooooo you guessed it!  I packed up and hit the road!

Hellooooo San Fran!

For the past five days I've been living with my let's-just-call-her-a-cousin cousin, named Bonnie, and her daughter.  I had the best time with them and exploring the city of San Francisco.  I would go into detail about every day, but that would take too long.  Here's a breif overview in pictures:

On a ferry to San Fran!

Going under the Bay Bridge!

I love those seals :)


Fisherman's Warf!

Mmm Boudin sourdough turtles!

Lombard Street! AKA the windey road :)

The Painted Ladies!

The famous cable car turn around!

China Town! Yum yum!

Street performers from Englad!

Mmmmmm :)

The fog rolling in on the Golden Gate Bridge!

At theAcademy of Science in an indoor rain forest

Anna and I rolling around in Golden Gate Park

We are silly :)

Climbing some architecture!
If you were wondering who the beautiful 11 year old girl is in my pictures, it's Anna! My let's-just-call-her-a-cousin adopted Anna from China when she was 10 months old!  This was only the second time we've met since she was adopted and we hit it off perfectly!  I'm so sad right now that I'm not in San Francisco with her and Bonnie!

Anyways, that's been my life for the pat few days and I had just an incrediable time!  Now it's time to be a grown up and go to work in the morning.. blehh.

Love you guys!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment