Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

May.

Well world, I guess it's a bit obvious that I haven't been the best at updating my blog this past semester..  My reasoning is valid though!  On top of working at the daycare, taking a law class (so hard!!), two science classes AND the dreaded econ class, I was also on the NSAC team this year.  So you could say my life was in shambles.  I don't think I've ever had a busier schedule than Spring semester of my senior year.  Thankfully though it's all over.  NSAC placed third at districts, I made some life-long friends along the way, oh, and I grabbed a 3.5 GPA in the midst of all of this too :)  Last semester was the worst and the best semester I've had in a while, but I wouldn't change any of it :)

And yep, you guessed it.. I graduated college!  Heather Morine Nelson, a Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Advertising.  Sounds nice, yes? Go Pokes!


NSAC friends!

Alumnae!

My favey and I!
Go Pokes!
Celebrating gradution with our first Strongbows on tap in America!
Celebrating at Murphy's!


Graduation may have been the end of my undergrad and my schooling for a year or two, but the excitement had only just begun.  The month of May was literally jam packed with trips, more graduations, a reunion with a few friends and the most live Beatles music you can imagine! I was more excited for the events following graduation rather than graduation itself!  But all of those are for another blog post for another time.

Just to keep you in the know, here's what my May sched looked like..
May 4: Graduation
May 10-12: Promise Walk for Preeclampsia in OKC
May 12-18: Road trip to Orlando with Taylor!
May 18-21: Washington DC for Stephen's graduation
May 23-27: Abbey Road on the River in Louisville
May 29-30: Paul McCartney in concert in Tulsa
May 30-31: Wedding dress shopping with the bridal party in Dallas

My dad likes to call all my travels "Heather's Victory Tour".  It's like a victory lap in college, only I'm out of colllege and this is a full blown tour.

I've been wanting to update for a while now, but I've been too darn busy!  I love to write in this because I love looking back and reading old posts.  I do it often with all of my blog posts from Europe, and, well, why not keep it up?! It's great if I want to recall a funny story I wrote about or just to remember what it was like living in London.  It's almost like a public, electronic diary.  So this blog is for me, and if people like to read it, then I guess it's a win/win for everyone!

Next post: The first leg of the Victory Tour- OKC and Orlando!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment