Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

OKC & Orlando

The first leg of my month-long trip was close to home.  And by home I mean Stillwater, America.  Six short days after graduation my parents and I headed to Moore, Oklahoma/OKC (I couldn't tell which city I was in..hehe) for the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia on May 11.  Our sorority sister, Emilly, lost her battle with Preeclampsia two years ago and the Promise Walk was the second annual one in the OKC area.  A few sisters from my PC came to the walk to support for Rachel (Emilly's sister and my pledge sister), and the Wood and Morrison families.  The walk had a fabulous turn out and it was for a great cause!  I'll be coming back next year and so should everyone else in the OKC area!

Saw my beautiful big and bride to be the day before the race!

Some of PC 09 at the walk!

Letting hundred of balloons go at the Promise Walk!

After the walk a few sisters and I went out to grab some lunch.  Though we didn't want to say it out loud, it was the last time we'd see each other again for a while.  We're all parting ways, growing older and leading our own lives so our lunch was the last hoorah of college with all of us together.  It was a bit sad, but we really enjoyed it!

The next day was Mother's day and I spent the day with The Johnston's since my parents had left for Kansas already.  We had a late lunch with the grandparents and they brought one of their adorable kittens!!

Baby kitty! 
After we got back form lunch Taylor and I packed her car full and hit the road en route to Orlando!  Taylor's living there and working at Disney this summer so we thought it's be fun to road trip down together, move her in, and then I'd fly out!  We decided to leave Sunday evening and drive all the way through so we could get to Orlando in the late afternoon on Monday.  It was a looooooong 21 hour car ride, but we made it!  The next morning we got up early and spent all day at Cocoa Beach.  It was exactly what Taylor and I needed after our stressful semester.  We relaxed on the beach all day with our wine cube.

It was a perfect, carefree day at the beach.  
Besides the horrid sunburns we got.  Those were not fun for the rest of the week.

Ahhh,  just take it all in

Taylor loves to fly kites.
I had to!

Cheesin

I fell asleep holding the kite and woke up to this view, so obviously a picture was in order. 
The next day we woke up bright and early (again) for the character breakfast at The Floridian!  I had gone to it once before when I was younger with my family and I loved it!  Fastforward 15 years and here Taylor and I are eating a delicious breakfast with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and the Mad Hatter!





After breakfast we headed off to Epcot!  I've been wanting to go to Epcot for a while now because I never appreciated it as a kid, but now that I'm older, it's my favorite park!   I'm was extra excited because I have been to abour 5 or 6 of the countries that are in Epcot also.  I've been missing Europe like crazy lately and going to the counties in Epcot was like reliving a little slice of my semester abroad, and I LOVED it.

Taylor and I decided to drink around the world while we were there and it's when you stop at every country and get a drink!  We didn't grab a drink at every country because we had a full schedule that day, but I'd say we hit a fair amount! :)

Our next stop was Hollywood Studios.  We were literally in and out of there within an hour.  Since Taylor works at that park she got us re ads to Toy Story and Tower of Terror, which are basically fast passes.  Thank God she did or we'd be waiting in line for hours!  We also went to Rockin Rollercoaster while we were at the park!  It was fun to see Taylor back in her element at Toy!  I have heard a years worth of stories from there and it was fun to be there with her!

Being super posey infront of the Epcot ball!

Our first beer in Canada!

Feels like home :)  The view is much better with Big Ben in the background though.
I got a Cavern shirt in London!  :)

Chef Remy at the restaraunt in France!

Germany!!
Shots delicioso in Mejico!

Hanging out the mexican way.

Taylor back at Toy!

After Hollywood Studios we headed to Magic Kingdom!  We made dinner reservations at an italian restaurant there to end the night.  We walked up an down Main Street and walked to the new addtion with all the princess's castles!  It was really cool!  Then we grabbed some yummy dinner and watched the fireworks show.  It was the perfect way to end our day at Disney!

Always amazing to look at!

Belle's castle!

The fireworks show!

After our Disney day we were completely worn out and stull recovering from out 22 hour car ride.  We came home and passed out.

The next day we, again, woke up early to head to Universal!  Our first stop was Suess World, OBVIOUSLY.  I was so excited to see the new Lorax edition!!  Once we got to the Once-ler's house we literally stayed there for about 15 minutes.  We could listen to the story being told and even walk into a mini field of Truffula trees!  Taylor and I were in heaven for sure.


Listening to the story of The Lorax!

The Lorax standing on his stump with the Once-ler's house!

Obviously, a picture was in order.
From there we headed to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  It was so amazing to walk around Hogsmede!  I literally felt like I was in hte movie.  They even had Zonko's and Honeydukes!  We went to The Three Broomsticks to grab some butterbeer anf then went to the Harry Potter ride!  The wait line was about an hour but it was fun because we walked through the dungeons, the herbology classroom and the castle so there was always something interesting to look at!  The ride though it literally terrifying.  I had my eyes closed the whole time, no joke.  Dementors were coming up to you and ginat spiders were everywhere!  We fought a dragon and went into the Chamber of Secrets; it felt like I was actually there and I was just completely terrified.  Taylor couldn't believe I was actually scared.  I was a bit embarrassed but it was too funny!

The Hogwarts Express!

Mmmmm. You can never go wrong with butterbeer.

After that park, we went back to the other one to ride Despicible Me for the second time.  We also rode The Mummy and Men in Black.  There was a power shortage or something whiel we were there so while we were wating (for a whole hour!) for the ride to reopen we saw Universal's pathetic excuse for a parade.  I couldn't complain though because they had a float for Despicible Me and Spongebob!  Yes, I still enjoy a Spongebob episode every now and then... So after all of our fun simulation rides, we headed back to the other park one last time to ride the Hulk and Harry Potter again!  The first time we got in line for The Hulk it was almost 2 hours, so we decided to skip it and some back around dinner time.  There was only a 15 minute wait when we came back, so it was a good decision!  Then we went back to Harry Potter World and the wait for that ride was only 15 minutes also!  I was just as terrified the second time, but the whole time Taylor was yelling at me saying "Heather! Keep your eyes open! Heather, dont close them!!"  It was pretty hysterical actually.  I did better, but I still had my eyes closed for about half the ride, so I braved it one last time and we rode it again.  I kept my eyes open the whole time!  Third times a charm!  It was actually very cool and I'm glad I actually got to see it, finally hahaha.

Our other favorite Universal movie!!

Minion goggles, duh.

GRU!

Us infront of Hogwarts!
After the park closed we headed to CityWalk to eat at Margaritaville!  The whole place was closed tot he public because it was rented out for a private party, but we got to eat on the outdoor patio, which was actually better!  We ordered a drink and the Volcano Nachos!  I literally dream about those nachos.  We were so tired and full though we barely ate half.  Nonetheless, it was delcious!

Once we got to the parking garage we realized we had absolutely no idea where we parked.  We were walking around the garage for about 15 minutes before a parking guy came up to us and asked if we were lost.  Thank God for him because 10 minutes later he found our car and gave us a ride to it!  Very stressful.. hahaa.

That night we (again) came home and passed out.
MMMMMM Volcano Nachos!!!

Where's the car?

The nice man gave us a ride!

After 30 minutes, we found it!!

The next was my last day, but my flight was at 9pm, so we had time to kill.  I packed everything up in the morning then we went to The Polynesian to grab some Dolewhip and sit on the beach.  We even found some baby ducks!

Our view eating our yummy Dolewhip!


These ducks were fearless

After that Taylor took me to the newest resort, The Art of Animation.  It was really cool.  When you walk in the walls are covered in sketches of the Lion King, Cars, The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo.  It also had themed areas for each movie!


The Nemo pool!


Creepily realistic

My fave princess!

Once we got back to the apartment, we packed up the car and stopped to grab some food!  I forgot what the place was called, but they had the most delicious breadsticks ever!  After that, Taylor and her roomie dropped me off at the airport!  It was Taylor and I's last time to see each other for a while.  It was sad, but we had gone 8 months without seeing each other before, so this was cake.

I had so much fun in Orlando and it was even more fun to have Taylor show me around!  I can't wait to go back and visit her again!

Next post: DC for Stephen's graduation!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment