Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Catch Up!

YIKES!  It's been quite a while since I've written a post on here!

Let's just recap.  Since my last post, summer has come and gone, I've been working full-time at the day care, I've been to two weddings and one bachelorette party, Livi turned one year old, a I went on a three week vacation in the glorious cities of London and Liverpool, it's now in the middle of a blistering cold winter, oh, and I met Paul McCartney. :)

But before that crazy story, let's do some catch up.

August 17 was my big's bridal shower and bachelorette party in Bricktown.  The whole bridal party took a pole dancing class and it was so much fun!  After that we headed to the hotel, got ready, played some games and went out in Bricktown for the night!  It was such a fun night with my sisters!

The girls after pole dancing!
Waiting for our limo to Bricktown


About a month later it was Olivia's first birthday party!  She has grown into such a beautiful, fun little girl and I hate that she's growing up so fast!  I love that little girl to pieces!



A week or two later I went to my uncles wedding down in the Westbottoms of KC.  It was a very cool country/rustic wedding in a large abandoned warehouse.  My mom's whole side of the family was there so it was really fun to finally catch up with all of them!

Coutins!
 
When cops get married.
Two weeks after that wedding was my big's big day!  The bridal shower and both sides of the family met up at the Gaylord-Pickens museum in OKC for the rehearsal.  We went back to the Skirvin, where we were staying for the weekend, and had a nice dinner, made some toasts, and the bride and groom gave the bridal shower some awesome gifts!


The next day was wedding day!  We all got up early and ate a nice breakfast downstairs.  Then we headed up to the room for hair and make up!  In our gifts from the night before we got pink robes to wear for the day.  So once our hair and make up was done we went around the hotel and took a few pictures before heading the to Gaylord.


Diva Big
Getting ready!!
After a few pre-wedding pictures and shots, it was finally time to walk down the aisle!  Amber looked gorgeous, and the reaction on Eric's face when he saw her was the cutest!!  The ceremony was beautiful, short and sweet!  Before no time Mr. and Mrs. Oliver were introoduced and we were walking back down the aisle to get ready for the reception!





The reception was sooo much fun and we all danced with a drink in hand all night.  It was great be back with my sisters after such a long time of not seeing them!  After the eating cake and drinking champagne for a few hours, it was time for the bride and groom to make their grand exit down the stairs of the Gaylord!  After they left the whole bridal party ended up at the Skirvin bar downstairs until it was time for last call.  It was a great night!


It was definitely a weekend for the record books!  Thank you Big for letting me be part of your big day, I'll never forget it!

Then just three short days later, I was on a flight to London Town with Miss Caity O!  But that story can wait until the next post :)

xx


1 comment: