Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Seeing Herman

So if any of you know me, you'd know that growing up, I was crazy obsessed with the Herman's Hermits.  Like, why was an 8 year old listening to the Herman's Hermits anyways?
I'll tell you why. 
Because good music is so universal that has no language, age, race or time barriers.  Hence why I loved the Herman's Hermits at age 8.  Hence why the world is STILL celebrating the Beatles music.

But I digress.

 About a year ago at Abbey Road on the River, I FINALLY got to see Peter Noone and the Herman's Hermits perform.  AND we got to meet Peter Noone himself!

Another life goal: See a Herman's Hermit concert- Check

Read about it here!

Sidenote: Peter Noone is probably the funnest guys I've ever met.  He puts on a great, hysterically funny show every time he performs.  And bonus, he's a fabulous singer.  I swear his voice hasn't aged a day since the 60's.
I just love him.

But I digress again.

So, obviously, when my mom and I heard he was coming to Kansas City for a free concert, we had no choice but to go.

After waiting for two hours, he came on stage and yet again had a fabulous show.  He played all my favorites.
No Milk Today
This Door Swings Both Ways
There's a Kind of Hush All Over The World
Listen People
I'm Henry the VIII, I Am
Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter

The list goes on.


It just blows me away every time I see an artist perform that was in the heart of the British Invasion.  It makes it more real for me, like it's not just a part of history that happened 50 years ago.  It was a real-live thing that people lived through and I get to see a little glimpse of that every time I see them perform.  Make me happy :)

Anyways, we didn't wait in line to meet Mr. Noone after the show, but I got a few good pics of his performance!

 
It's Herman!

Shameless selfies

Herman being Herman


That night, I added two pictures on Instagram, and 10 munites later he liked and commented on the pictures! 
He even called me 'h'. 
Awwww. I love him even more!


So me and Peter are best friends now, right?

And to end this post with one of my favorite quotes from the lyrics of Peter Noone:
Make the most of living if you're not prepared to die.
#LetsMoveToLondon2014

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment